More than five hundred students became new REACH Georgia Scholars during Georgia’s statewide signing week, which began October 2nd and concluded October 6th. The REACH Georgia program now includes nearly 1,200 students in 103 school systems across the state.
In celebration of these students, Governor Nathan Deal and First Lady Sandra Deal attended signing events in several counties around the state. Launched by Governor Deal in 2012, the REACH Georgia Scholarship Program is a needs-based mentorship and scholarship program designed to encourage students, starting in middle school, to persist in their educational pursuits.
Students in the program are provided with the academic, social, and financial support needed to graduate from high school, access college, achieve postsecondary success and be prepared for the 21st century Georgia workforce.
“REACH Signing Week is a great way for us to celebrate the students that are signing REACH contracts and committing themselves to bettering their educational success,” stated Governor Deal.
“These students are our great state’s future, and by seeing the dedication and determination they have for their education shows just how bright Georgia’s future is.”
As part of REACH Signing Week, each school system participating in the program sponsors a REACH signing ceremony, during which new REACH scholars sign contracts to maintain a grade point average, uphold good attendance, and meet with mentors and academic coaches while remaining crime, drug, and behavior issue free. Parents and guardians also sign contracts signaling their support of their student’s endeavors.
The Photo Gallery has images from REACH Signing Day events across the state.
- November 22 – (Rockdale County) Five Rockdale students chosen for REACH $10K Scholarships
- November 18 – (Bulloch County) Bulloch REACH Scholars chart path to college
- October 28 – (Fulton County) Students Sign $10,000 Scholarship Deals To Graduate High School
- October 26 – (Lowndes County) Valdosta scholars sign REACH contracts
- October 26 – (Quitman County) REACH signing ceremony held at Quitman County Schools
- October 25 – (Whitfield County) ‘Very exciting time for all of us’: Dalton Middle School selects six REACH scholars
- October 24 – (Hall County) 8 Hall students named REACH scholars
- October 20 – (Whitfield County) Five from Whitfield County Schools named REACH scholars
- October 19 – (Murray County) ‘Doors of opportunity’ opened for Murray County REACH scholars
- October 19 – (Bibb County) Scholarship program brings Bibb students one step closer to college
- October 18 – (Douglas County) Douglas schools celebrate eighth-graders’ plans to remain drug-, crime-free
- October 18 – (Richmond County) Richmond County School System holding REACH scholarship signing
- October 16 – (Liberty County) Lewis Frasier students become REACH Scholars
- October 13 – (DeKalb County) Tucker Middle School students recognized as REACH scholarship winners
- October 11 – (Muscogee County) These MCSD eighth-graders won $10,000 REACH Scholarship, invaluable support
- October 11 – (Muscogee County) 8 Columbus students inducted into the Georgia REACH program
- October 11 – (Muscogee County) MCSD names 8 middle school students as REACH recipients
- October 11 – (Early County) REACH!!
- October 10 – (Chattooga County) TMS REACH Georgia Scholarship Recipients 2017
- October 10 – (Rockdale County) Rockdale middle students to “REACH” for the stars
- October 10 – (Douglas County) 7 Douglas Students Sign REACH Scholarship Agreements
- October 9 – (Glynn County) Glynn County’s first REACH scholars honored at signing ceremony
- October 9 – (Butts County) New REACH Scholars sign school contracts
- October 6 – (Bartow County) Bartow recognizes 1st class of REACH Scholars
- October 6 – (Dougherty County) Radium Springs Middle students receive $10,000 scholarships
- October 6 – (Habersham County) Governor on hand to recognize county’s first REACH Scholars
- October 5 – (Gordon County) CCS Names Class of 2022 REACH Scholars
- October 5 – (Catoosa County) Three Catoosa County, Ga., eighth-graders get $10,000 each from REACH Georgia scholarship
- October 5 – (Glynn County) First REACH scholars to be honored
- October 5 – (Cartersville City Schools) Cartersville honors its five REACH Scholars
- October 4 – (Dooly County) Dooly County Schools induct first REACH Scholars
- October 4 – (Colquitt County) Students REACH for the stars with state scholarship program
- October 4 – (Muscogee County) MCSD selects REACH Georgia Scholarship recipients
- October 3 – (Catoosa County) Lakeview Middle surprises students with college scholarships
- October 3 – (Decatur County) Bainbridge students R.E.A.C.H. for the stars